Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Am Weird!! (6 Weird and Random Things About Me)


Okay Rach and Becca, I am sorry this has taken me so long - BUT this was extremely hard!

1. My favorite holiday is NOT Christmas.
It is way too stressful and busy for me as an adult. I know… I tell myself all of the time to “enjoy the journey” etc. but I CAN’T. Don’t get me wrong there are wonderful things I love about Christmas, but I don’t claim it as my favorite holiday. I don’t know about you, but I never have enough money or time.
I would have to say I’m more of an Independence Day kind of gal. Now that’s a holiday you can prepare for and enjoy all in one day. You still get together with friends and family. You still have wonderful food - although my preference is BBQ and usually the guys like to handle that. Guys also love to go purchase the fireworks and set them off. My responsibilities stop at purchasing some matching $5 shirts from Wal-mart and turning on the patriotic music.

2. I do NOT enjoy cooking… even a little - I would much prefer to do the dishes or clean a bathroom.
Even growing up my only responsibility was to prepare the ice water. NO joke! However, I am sure my mom would testify to the fact that I could clean/organize as good as her if not better.
After I got married, Mike would joke that I learned a new dish for each year of our marriage. Thankfully, Mike and I have worked out a deal. He makes all of the dinners and I do the bills. It works for us. Taysom, Tucker and Ilah all take after Mike and can cook and/or bake much better than me.

3. I do not enjoy watching cartoons - I don’t even know if I liked them when I was a kid… I also don’t re-watch movies. Once is usually enough if I can make it the whole way through without falling asleep.

4. My second toe is longer than my BIG toe.
My big toe is WAY fatter, but that second toe is longer with a hammer head tip - soooo attractive!!!

5. Mike can tell what stage of sleep I’m in by how deep I’m breathing (which sometimes sounds like moaning or snoring). It is worse when I have a cold.

6. I had an extremely hard time coming up with 6 random things about me…
Does that solidify that I am a boring individual?




I tag anyone who would like to torture themselves with coming up with 6 weird or random things :)

1 comment:

Becca said...

I've heard before that if your second toe is longer than your big toe that means you're a born leader. I think that's definitely true with you. Finding six things is hard to do. We all want to be original and yet not embarrass ourselves at the same time. I enjoyed reading your quirks. :)