Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Thanksgiving Top Ten Countdown

10. The gorgeous weather

9. Mom (Grandma) eluding Mike during croquet

8. Becca's delicious salad, Tucker's apple pie, Thanksgiving food in general

7. The guy's ping pong tournaments

6. Black Friday shopping with Taysom and Becca

5. Mom (Grandma) and Ilah's centerpieces

4. Izzy, Henry, and Ilah's fort

3. Dad (Grandpa) teaching Tucker the jump shot


(Sure wish we lived close enough so that you could work with him daily. He LOVED having you here!)



2. The Candle Club (are the kids creative, or what!?!)



Invitations sent out - Signs posted around the house - Brownies and Popcorn made - a whole dance hall created in the laundry room...



Henry creating the disco ball...


Everyone dancing in the dark (besides the flashlights...er... candles). What a blast!!!
Drum roll please...... The number one thing about Thanksgiving is....
FAMILY!!!!!
(as Ben and Becca said, "Isn't it about time")
Although I ran out of room on the countdown, I also LOVED Theo finally beginning to call Mike - "Uncle Mike" instead of "Uncle Russ" the last day or two of the trip :) And of course, I LOVED being out of school.
Thank you guys sooooo much for coming!
Yesterday, Ilah and I went on a walk, and I was telling her about my Thanksgivings growing up, with all of the cousins either at a church or at G&G Crosby's in AZ. I have such fond memories... I hope the kids remember this one. It was awesome :)

4 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

How could they not remember it? It was perfect! Thanks so much!

Ben said...

Actually, Becca is the one who invoked the "Isn't it about time" line. I just repeated it.

We had a blast, Jenn. It really reminded me of the comfort, freedom, and fun of Thanksgivings of old.

One Opinionated Housewife said...

What a sweet post. I wish we could have been there too.

Frances Wallace said...

I can't help it, I'm jealous! I miss you sooo bad. Michael and Jennifer are amazing hosts.