Sunday, December 20, 2009

Locks of Love

Two years ago, when Ilah turned 8, Ilah decided to get her haircut "short" and donate her hair to Locks of Love. Our hair dresser wasn't sure if her hair was long enough to donate so we saved it in a bag. Two years later, Ilah's hair was long enough to cut off 11 inches - definitely long enough to donate. We went to the hair dresser (taking the hair from before as well) to get her hair cut. The hair dresser sent both batches of hair in to Locks of Love for us. Hopefully they will make a beautiful wig with her beautiful hair, and it will help some one special.


Cutting it off....


Ilah said that she was light-headed afterwards.

Check out the cute new hair style.

4 comments:

Frances Wallace said...

Ilah, you amaze me. You look adorable and you've given from your heart making you beautiful inside and out.

Adrienne said...

I love the new hair! You look beautiful Ilah!

Love,
Aunt A

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Ilah, Kudos to you! You've set a great example, but you'll have to forgive me if I don't follow suit. I can't imagine growing my hair long, or that anybody would want my completely gray locks.

One Opinionated Housewife said...

What a sweet and generous thing to do.