Friday, June 12, 2009

Okay, I started this a long time ago, so just go along with it.
This week mom, dad, Tucker, and I were priveledged to go on the trek. Don't get me wrong, it was a great experience and I am glad I went, but sweating and pushing handcarts for three days straight was no picnic. Here's some pics of us in our pioneer get up :)


Me and Brittany holding our pillows (we were two of the very few who brought them). These first few pictures are of us arriving at the starting point.



My dad, Brittany, me, and Brother Tucker. This is our polygamist picture. (I am just kidding for all of you non mormons out there)

Tucker getting ready to find out who is in his family.




My aunt Tara enjoying the fact we haven't started walking yet :)



We met some bandits along the way.


Camille talking to a fellow pioneer.






My dad getting ready to go up humility hill.




Some boys going up humility hill. We call it humility hill, but it was more like humility mini mountain. It was huge!!!!! and really hard to get up thanks to all the rocks and ditches on the trail. It was the first amount of walking we did on the trek, and let's just say the rumor that "this was going to be easy" was put to rest.








My parents other kids taking a breather.






Me with my sisters and ma. Just notice how I am taller than all of them :)


Haha, I was obviously ready for my close up there :)






After the disastrous first attempt, Daniel decided me and Brittany were exiled from the picture.




Tucker being a stud while hanging out with his friends Melia and Matthew.








My dad with some of his trek daughters. (They aren't as cool as me though)





Me trying to hitch a free ride... it worked for about 12 secs. Thanks a lot, Dad! :)






Transporting fire...





My parent's family.


Hannah Sylvester was our hair stylist.






After walking for two days straight, it was awesome to go swim in the lake!



Tucker and Matthew swimming.




Me and Tucker enjoying the lake.





My dad and other fellow trekers.





Me and some friends playing card games.





Tucker resting from the long day.



Brother Tucker smiling. (He was a lucky person who rode a horse the whole time.)





Me and Leanna getting ready for the dance.




My Dad and Bryce looking good with their suspenders. (Its all the rage in pioneer wear.)



I had a lot of fun on the trek, despite the constant sweating. It was very spiritual, and I will hopefully get my dad to write something about the coolest part of the trek. Once he does I will post it. Till then enjoy the pics :)



9 comments:

Megs said...

Your trek looks luxurious next to ours when I was a youth--pillows, tents, and I'll bet your food was better (or at least fully cooked!).

The Wallace Family said...

haha, ya, i'm sure we had it easier. and the food was delicious! thank you brother dugdale :)

Rachel said...

Tay, you are an awesome poster. Meaning, a person who makes posts on their blog, not a flat piece of shiny paper with a movie star on it. I'm glad you had such a good trek. It's not fair that you still looked cute on a trek!

The Wallace Family said...

haha! well, i'm glad you didn't mean the flat, shiny piece of paper :) and thanks! i just tired of looking at our blog and seeing the hat trick post, so i decided to post some things. and thanks, i try to look cute lol

Becca said...

Taysom you are so cute! I can't wait to see you in a week or so. Keep up the posts.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Seems like we waited forever to see those pics on the blog. Thanks a bunch! They're outstanding pictures and will always remind you of your great trek experience as well as the sacrifices of our pioneer ancestors.

The Wallace Family said...

thanks you guys! :) and i hope they do grandma.

taysom

One Opinionated Housewife said...

That looks like it was an awesome experience. And ya'll looked so pretty/handsome in your pioneer garb.

The Wallace Family said...

thanks! :) and it was pretty awesome.