Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Hat Trick


Ilah hasn't played soccers since her first season in Las Vegas when she was 4 or 5. So I was pretty amazed at her natural ability. She really came into her own the last 2 or 3 games when Mike was able to come and watch.
The second to last game we arrived a smidge late, Ilah's team was playing down a person so she ran right in, and within one minute had scored a goal! She ended up scoring three goals that game. Mike wanted to throw his hat on the field. He taught me that when the same player scores three goals, it is called a hat trick.
I wish Ilah had the same opportunity to be coached by Teresa McNally like Taysom did or Chuck Bennion like Tucker did. Her coach was very nice, but man, we were spoiled in Vegas!!


7 comments:

Becca said...

Way to go Ilah!!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Awesomeness. I always wished that I was good at soccer when I was a kid.

Marilee said...

I love all your new posts. What fun, talented, beautiful children you have!

Rachel said...

Wow! I'm jealous. Soccer is such a cool sport, but all that running....I'm tired just thinking about it. Nice job Ilah!

Frances Wallace said...

Beautiful, smart and athletic! The whole package. I'm a proud G-Ma.

Bennions said...

That is pretty cool. We need her back on the Vegas team. Kate is playing this year and would be happy to assist for Ilah. Tif

Rachel said...

We're sure trying to find joy in the journey. Sometimes it's hard when life is....somewhat mundane sometimes. :) By the way, I'm so jealous that mom and A are visiting. Wish I was there!!