Sunday, August 11, 2013

Memories of my trip to St. George

1.  Waking up to the beautiful sound of the retirement bell
2.  Studying the Doctrine and Covenants each morning with my mom and dad
3.  Dad asking  "Well, what should we have for breakfast?" even though it was already set in stone
4.  Mom and Dad's good example of exercise every morning - I'm trying to implement that in my daily routine :)
5.  FHE with Chris & A's family, Russ & Nat's family, and Mom and Dad (nephews and nieces who are friends and love being with each other)
6.  Sniff the Broom (Zadi finally figured it out ;)
7.  Erma's nose crinkle when she smiles
 ("I'm Super Cute.  I'm Super Hot.  I'm the Girl He Loves a Lot.")
8.  Paris's hugs (didn't even have to ask for them - he gave freely)
9.  John "driving" home from church on Grandpa's lap
John saying loudly during church after taking off his suit coat and tie, "I need air!"
10.  George's amazing guitar skills and voice
11.  Jo's shoulder shrugs when she smiles and that adorable gap in her front teeth
12.  Liesl's complete kindness - so Christlike
13.  Tess's Chinese and self confidence
14.  Hanging with Zadi - organizing, playing games, and dinner - I still can't believe that she would want to spend time with her old aunt!
15.  The rain storm in Pine Valley complete with hail




16.  Being part of my mom and dad's anniversary date
17.  Ephraim's Rescue (so inspiring - I need to be ready so the Lord can use me) & Costa Vida
18.  Creating cd's with my dad - just the two of us
19.  Watching Mom make her art portfolio from toddler to BYU days... It is absolutely amazing to see the quick progression and obvious talent esp. from age 10 on.
20.  Seeing my nieces in Mom's dresses that Grandma saved
21.  Grapefruit - Strawberries - Raspberries - delicious... oh and the best zucchini bread ever
22.  Going to the temple with Grandma and seeing Dad peek his head into the chapel in his white suit.
23.  Sunday dinners with Grandma, Aunt Peachy, Uncle Roland, Mom & Dad



24.  Lunch out with Grandma - just the two of us.  She is one of my heroes for sure.



25.  Games with Nat and A - I have the best sisters and sisters-in-law!
26.  Shopping with A... can't remember the last time we did anything just the two of us
27.  Seeing Charlie's grave and the baby frogs
28.  Going to the temple during Mom and Dad's shift - getting to look up front and smile at my mom.
29.  Having Mom present me at the veil - how many people get that opportunity????
30.  Dad's ability to relate to everyone... I admired and loved watching him make his rounds prior to sacrament meeting visiting with everyone... his easy conversations with his home teachers... and visits with friends on the phone
31.  Seeing where Mom spends her time painting AND seeing her artwork in person instead of photographs.  She is crazy talented!
32.  Having the opportunity to look through photos and letters and keepsakes in multiple rubbermaid boxes/totes
33.  Feeling my Grandma Hinckley near
34.  Feeling gratitude for so many aunts and uncles and cousins that loved me and were huge influences in my life... I want that for my children... I want to be that for my nieces and nephews


This was definitely the best summer ever.  I LOVED being in my parent's home - so peaceful and heavenly.  I LOVED just being around my mom and dad.  It 'calmed my troubled heart' and recharged my batteries, so to speak.  It is obvious that they love each other completely.  Thank you for everything Mom and Dad.  I love you!!!

P.S.  I almost forgot that I helped organize some stuff while I was there.  I can't wait for next time when I will get to spend some time in the new family history library.


2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I am lonely here without you Jenn... Thanks for spending your summer here - Thanks for helping organize Mom and Dad's family history - Thanks for putting Dad's video together, it really is awesome! - Thanks for being my sister. Love you!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Jenn dear, this is one of those posts that will be cherished in our hearts forever.....much like OUR memories of your visit. Having you here in our home was such a blessing and a joy! It felt so right and we wish you were here still. Thank you for coming, for lifting our spirits, and working so hard to get us organized! I do believe that your work will be a forever blessing to this family.

Love and miss you more than you know!
mom and dad