Sunday, April 28, 2013

Easter


(My camera needs to be replaced.  Sorry about the lousy picture quality.)



For some reason Taysom didn't like sleeping in her room alone after having a roommate at BYU-I.  She took up residence on Ilah's floor, and Tay's bedroom became a huge closet.  Most nights Henry joined them as well.  I loved peeking into Ilah's room seeing all three writing in their journals or reading.  
This picture was taken Easter Eve.  Just 3 nights before Taysom left.

Easter Sunday was a busy day.  President Jones met with our family right after our ward and before Taysom's branch to set her apart as a missionary.  I wrote down as much as I could in Taysom's journal.  I don't remember many specifics from the blessing.  I do remember the peace I felt.  Taysom, who had been a ball of nerves, immediately calmed down and relaxed.  We didn't have any time to discuss it though because we had to hurry into the chapel since she was speaking in her YSA branch - I guess you could call it a farewell talk.  (She was supposed to speak the week prior to Easter, but we had a snowstorm and the YSA branch was cancelled. ) She did a beautiful job!  The talk she had prepared for the previous week was put to the side and she spoke on the resurrection and atonement.

Later that day...

Officially a missionary



Henry had already changed.

Traditional egg hunt!

Taysom got a head start since she isn't the best egg finder but never wants ANY help!




Found all of the eggs

Big winner

 Finally that evening we had the Tuckers and Belnaps over for some pie and a few photos.

The Belnaps

Ben & Henry

The Tuckers (missing Tasha)



Taysom and Emily

Absolutely Beautiful Families
&
An Easter I'll Never Forget!

Sam, Tucker and Henry volunteered to stay home from school Monday to be with Taysom since she couldn't be alone.  Silly me, thought that she would get all of her packing done and be ready for some family time when the rest of us got home from school about 5:30.  She hadn't even started.  They had spent the day playing Ticket To Ride (our family's new favorite game that we learned about from the Tuckers and purchased with the Easter Target card Grandma Wallace sent).



2 comments:

Rachel said...

Tucker's poses in pictures crack me up. I think it's cute that they all like each other so much they want to be in the same room. Lucky mom and dad!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Your Easter looked like a lot of fun! But now I'm feeling a little guilty for not having had big Easter Egg Hunts when you kids were older, and more specifically for not being a little more generous ($) with the treats. Oh well!