Friday, February 10, 2012

THE 'BURG

Rachel and Richie were kind (and BRAVE) enough to let us sleep over at their house... all 6 of us in their two bedroom apartment.  It was fun to be with Miles and Gwen in their territory where they feel the most comfortable.

I didn't get very many pictures.  I think I was too busy worrying about Taysom and getting her set up in her apartment and ready to start classes.

Richie took us over to the campus and gave us a tour.  He and Rach are a valuable resource as they graduated not too long ago from BYU-I.

Rachel and Richie insisted that we sleep in their room in their bed while they used a blow up mattress in Miles and Gwen's room.  We slept wonderfully even though I was so embarrassed to be taking over their bed.  Our kids slept in the front room all together just like Christmas Eve.

 Taysom took the couch while the rest slept next to one another on the floor snuggled in R&R's quilts.  This is in the morning before I woke them up.  Hard to explain the emotions I was feeling that morning - so I won't try...

Taysom already knows that it's going to be a BIG day!

Gwen

Miles

After breakfast, Taysom, Henry, Mike and I went over to her apartment to drop off her stuff.  It is a beautiful place with a lot of amenities.  After checking it out, we headed to the only Wal-Mart in Rexburg.  It was more crowded than the day after Thanksgiving.  So many freshman and their parents picking up all kinds of items.  Taysom was overwhelmed.  We took everything back to her apartment and then went for lunch with R&R and kids.  Mike, Taysom, and I had an orientation meeting to go to so the rest of the kids went with Richie to the park. After picking up the kids from R&R's and saying goodbye to them, we went back to BYU-I to say bye to Taysom.  Since it was almost dinner time, we took her and Brittney to Jack In the Box and then said our good byes. 

I can't believe that I didn't take any photos of her apartment or the college or anything.  Honestly, I was emotionally exhausted.  I must not have been thinking straight.  I thought I would lose it when we said good bye, but thankfully her wonderful friend Brittney was there.  The two of them were giggling and happy, and it made me happy.  I did tear up a little, but nothing worth noting.  I felt good about leaving her there.  I'm not saying that I didn't/don't worry, but I know she is ready for this, and I am so happy for her!






It's a new adventure...

(make sure to scroll down for other new posts)

3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

That brings back a few memories of my own, and helps me to relate on several levels!

Taysom will make the most of this opportunity, and we're so glad to have at least one of our Wallace gang a tad closer.

Bennions said...

How exciting for Taysom. It's good. But man from a Mom's perspective letting that first baby fly from the nest is bitter sweet. I am imagining since I have not gotten to that point yet :)

Becca said...

Love the post! I'm so happy for Taysom and loved seeing the pictures!