Monday, March 28, 2011

Joplin Snowpocalypse 2011

Back in February we were treated to another "winter break" after mother nature decided to dump 18+ inches of snow followed by sub zero temperatures then dump another 7 or 8 a few days later followed by more freezing temperatures.  We were out of school for 9 school days... 

How did we spend our time???



Bundling up to play in the snow, preparing mentally for the frigid temperatures, and formulating the perfect plan to dominate the snow ball fight...

 










(This smile was short lived... Tears will be freezing on his face in a matter of time.)
Just waking up, but ready for some fun!

Who needs a coat anyway?























Play time...


10 minutes later...

 

 10 minutes after that...

Baby, it's cold outside!
Out Wit, Out Play, Out Last






 Besides playing in the snow, we also roasted marshmallows in our fireplace and made smores,

 watched A LOT of Netflix

Henry and best buddy Ian playing computer games
 spent A LOT of time on the computer (Henry playing games; Taysom, Tucker and Mom on Facebook; Daddy doing homework; Ilah, Mom, and Taysom checking email; 
Mom working on her website~

made delicious goodies

 read

 read some more

 painted

painted some more

And ventured outside now and then...

(Roads were awful!  Our road never did get plowed. Thankfully we didn't lose power.  I think our biggest mishap was the bumper getting ripped off of the Cruiser.)




6 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm going to be lazy and just comment on this post instead of all of them! I was so happy to see all these new posts, they were so fun to read. I'm impressed with how involved all your kids are at school! And I'm with you Jenn, trying out for the plays/singing groups etc just terrified me. I did it once for a boy and it just humiliated me. But I always wished I was good at that stuff and had more guts. So way to go Wallace kids! I'm really glad your power didn't go out during the snow days too. THat doesn't sound too fun to me, but it looks like you made the most of it and made some really good memories. Love you all!

Frances Wallace said...

Wow! Aren't you glad spring has sprung?

Only a real man like Tucker can wear a pink cap. That snow was so dry, not good snowman making snow.

I love, love, love seeing all the blog entries.

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Brrrrr. I think that you all must have been very brave to venture out into that freezing weather. Good for you.

Zadi said...

I laughed really hard when I saw that picture of Tucker with the pink hat. What a man!

Adrienne said...

I guess I will be "lazy" too and only comment here even though I've loved all of these posts! As Chris and I looked through these pics and posts we were totally amazed at all that you guys are doing and all the fun you make when you are together and snowed in. I'm glad you didn't loose power this time either! We also totally feel like we're missing out on some awesome times with you guys..... Can't wait to see you this summer! Tucker, your swollen finger is crazy! Taysom - way to go for modesty! Henry - I wish I could have heard you sing! Ilah - that is awesome that you are involved in plays and the flute! You guys are all so involved and developing talents in so many ways - it is AWESOME!!! Love you all!!! A and family

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Too cold for my tastes, but you make it look so fun! Not just outside in the weather but when you're all cozy and comfortable inside! Yummy s'mores! Tucker's signature cookies! Henry's computer games! Taysom's reading! Perfect inside activities when snowbound.

Love your painting Ilah! Like your easel too.....have one just like it! What is your favorite medium? Looking forward to painting with you this summer!