Sunday, May 31, 2009

North Middle School's Jazz Band




Since I have been taking classes to get my masters, I have had to miss several concerts, games, awards nights, etc. I was completely bummed a few weeks ago when I missed what I thought was the last band concert. Lucky for me, the band was asked to play one more time after my class was over. Hardly anyone attended because it wasn't advertised, and the majority of the band parents/families had just attended their "last" concert. So about 10 people- including me and Taysom- were treated to a wonderful night of jazz. Tucker and his two buddies from church (Matthew and Sam) are the three of the four trumpeters. (Tucker is the tallest one.) Melia, also in our ward, is on the keyboard.
Our favorite song is "The Pink Panther."









The one below is the Pink Panther. If you only have time to listen to one, I suggest this one. Notice the steady metronome in the background. It was the self-proclaimed 'best audience member' clapping in time because Ms. Palmer asked the audience to participate. Taysom never lets down the band :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Not too shabby Tucker! I think it's really cool that you're in Jazz band. And I think Taysom has a real talent for clapping. Keep up the good work!

Frances Wallace said...

I wish I had been there. I'm thrilled my G-Kids are so talented.