Sunday, December 14, 2008

All City Singers


Our Beautiful Songbird

A few months ago, Ilah tried out for the Joplin All City Singers. Fourth and Fifth grade students from all of Joplin's elementary schools had the opportunity to participate. Ilah was one of the 89 that made it. They practiced every Tuesday after school for an hour and a half from October to December 12th to prepare for a special hoiday concert.

On December 2nd I snuck out of my masters class early so I could go to the concert. Mike had a basketball game and couldn't attend, and boy did he miss a fantastic concert. Henry and I had a hard time not singing along and dancing. (He wants to try out next year.) Our video camera wasn't charged up (of course) so I used our camera to try and capture bits and pieces of the songs. It really put me in the holiday mood!

I am so proud of Ilah developing her singing talent.

Last week the group went on "tour" to 4 or 5 of the elementary schools. Ilah (who was on the top riser) nearly fainted four times. She said it was soooo hot. In spite of that, she plans on trying out again next year.

The happy concert goers got Chinese food for dinner!!




Check out the cutie on the top riser 5th from the left!!!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I loved that! Great job Ilah! I hope Henry will get to do it next year. I wish I could have been there! I miss you so much.

themechams said...

Good For Ilah! Keep it up. I love to see the photos of you rkids. They are so grown up and beautiful/handsome.
Hey what are you doing for your masters degree?

Rachel said...

Wow, they were really good! Yeah, I can't believe Ross is going on a mission already either. But I don't think he leaves till the end of April. Yeah, we're grateful for the tree. It was free last Christmas from Richie's grandma who was getting a new one. Tell Tucker he can put it up and take it down himself if he feels the urge. :) We're counting down the days here till we see ya'll. And I'm having dreams about going into labor on the way down! Not fun!

sometimesgood said...

They sounded great! I can't believe how grown up they are getting. John is working on his Master degree this year too....

I'm sure your family misses you!

Shannon said...

I love the Christmas background! How do you sign your blogs???

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Gee, I wish so badly that I could carry a tune. You go Ilah!

themechams said...

I know we are happy they made the team. Too bad you are not still just around the bend because the 12 year old team still needs a few players. So Ilah could join up with Millie! The girls do play here in town..other clubs I guess