Monday, February 16, 2009

B-ball season is over~




Tucker has always been on athletic, competitive sports teams... As far as I can recall, they have always finished in 1st place. So it was quite a shock to Tucker's system when his 8th grade b-ball team finished 3rd this season. For the tri-county tournament, his team played Carthage to determine who would play in the championship game. Tucker's team lost by 1 point. The "reffing" was horrible. (Ask Tucker, he'll tell you about it.) I hated watching these boys come out of the locker room looking like the weight of the world was on their shoulders.

A couple of days later, they played Memorial for 3rd place and won by 20+ points.

Although Tucker is going to do track this year, middle school sports are basically over for him. I hope that he continues to make the highschool teams and improve his skills. I love watching my kids play sports. It was one of those things I pictured as a young, in love teenager... Mike and I sitting in the bleachers, cheering on Ty and Trae (those were my favorite boy names as a teen). I can only think of a handful of times when Mike was in the bleachers with me - usually he is on the field/court or coaching his own team.

Mike, on other hand, is thrilled his coaching season is over! Football kicked butt! Girl's basketball - finished strong in 3rd place! Boy's basketball - ended up in 3rd as well.




2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love watching my kids too. It has been fun watching both boys and girls participate.Next year Tucker will be the handsome basketball player that all of the girls swoon over. 1st place next year Tuck!

Frances Wallace said...

The Wallace Family will always be number one to me. Is that sappy or what?
Suck it up Tucker. GIGGLE! GIGGLE! You'll have far more wins than losses in your life for sure and they all won't be in sports.
Love,
G-Ma Fran