Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day of School


We have survived the first day/week of school, but the mustaches didn't.



Tucker decided a couple of weeks before school started that he and several of his friends needed to wear fake mustaches on the first day if school. He wanted to show the 6th graders that 8th graders had facial hair... After searching on-line, he had me drive him to Hot Topic to purchase a pack of fake mustaches. Then at Open House he distributed the facial hair so his buddies could add it to their first day school attire. Unfortunately the assistant principal and a couple of teachers didn't find it as amusing as I did and made them take their mustaches off before they even entered the school. He didn't dwell on it for long though because football practice started the first day too, and he and Mike are in heaven again.

5 comments:

millie said...

Oh my gosh! That is sooo funny! I love it. Tuck you make me laugh! Good luck on the gridiron. Joe will be thinking of you!

millie said...

Ok these are from Christine...Millie is signed in to her account. Sorry!

Rachel said...

Those tight-wad teachers should get a sense of humor! :) Yes, picking out the outfit for the first day or week was a gigantic deal! I definitely understand. So do all the kids in my first grade class. Funny thing, this one girl wears pink every single day but she strikes me as a tom-boy. One day she said, "You know why I wear pink?" I said why? She said "Cause I heard if you wear pink, you won't get breast cancer". :) I laughed after she left.

Frances Wallace said...

Tucker, You're hot enough without facial hair. I think the teachers didn't want all the kids to be jealous.
Don't I sound like a true grandmother who adores her G-kids. That's right !
Taysom, You look gorgeous!
Love, G-Ma Fran

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I personally love the "stache" idea Tucker. Very clever and humorous.

Nat