Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ping Pong, Painting, and Game Playing

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby arrived at our house last Monday 7/21/08 about two hours after our basement had a minor flood. One of the pipes that is attached to the back yard hose busted. Mike quickly fixed it... or so we thought... when we tried to use the water again, it was raining in our laundry room. Thankfully, he fixed it completely the second time, but Mom and Dad showed up before we could shower etc. They put up with our stink and even gave us a hug!




The kids were in arts and craft heaven with Grandma here. I don't have the patience for most crafty activities. I really admire those of you who can and do them. Grandma helped all four kids tie dye a shirt; she and Ilah painted 3 canvasses for Ilah's room(rain forest leaves and vines, etc.); she also painted an awesome dinosaur mural on Henry's wall. Henry has been wanting me to do this for three years. Thank you, Mom!


Tucker took every opportunity to challenge G&G in ping pong - even winning a couple
of games against Grandpa! Ilah and Henry played their annual Monopoly game with Grandpa. He won. No one could beat Taysom with her creative debate mind at Balderdash. She fully kicked every one's butt with 5 spaces to spare. (I am quoting Taysom.) This was the same for Phase 10. After Taysom won the first few rounds everyone quit. "I guess they can't deal with my skills." Taysom corralled the family down to the basement on Sunday to watch the Mormon version of Pride and Prejudice which was quite entertaining. Taysom has come to love Mr. Collins and his famous pick up line, "Elizabeth, we are commanded to multiply and replenish the earth."

6 comments:

Becca said...

I love the pictures!! I am so excited you guy's are on here. Now it won't feel like you all dropped off the face of the planet. :)

Becca said...

Just to clarify the above...that is how we felt about a lot of people including US, until we entered the wonderful world of blogging. The kids look like they're developing their own sense of who they are and style. I love it!!

themechams said...

Welcome to the blog world! I am so glad to see your family doing so well. Ilah is a young lady! She has changed so much. All the kids look great! Miss you toomuch! Keep up the good work on the blog so I can feel like I amright there!

Rachel said...

Jenn! I didn't realize you had a blog! YAY! I'm so excited! By the way, no that was not the taco salad that I made in the picture. It's just mom's yummy recipe, and I found those pics online. :) Yeah school starts pretty soon around these parts. Mid August I guess. ugh is right. I miss you guys!!!!

Zadi said...

Hey i was lookinh through the pictures on grandma's blog and Ilah and her did i great job. I was amazed how good Ilah can paint. I can't wait to see you guys.

Zadi said...

sorry i spelled looking wrong. my bad